People with depression experience their symptoms in unique and individual ways that are very personal.
Symptoms of Depression
People with depression are often extremely self-critical, worrying about things they feel they have done wrong, or that they — themselves — are wrong in some fundamental way.
The pattern of depression varies quite a bit, with some experiencing symptoms during isolated periods of time, while others have many or most of the symptoms for months or even years.
Here are some symptoms you may have experienced if you struggle with depression:
- Feelings of hopelessness and helplessness
- Depressed mood (feeling sad or empty)
- Loss of interest or pleasure in things you used to enjoy
- Weight loss or gain
- A change in sleep habits
- Feeling tired or slow, or feeling restless
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Difficulties concentrating
- Difficulties making decisions
- Thinking about death or dying, thinking about ending it all (if you or someone you know is in danger, then please seek immediate help through the emergency room or medical doctor.)
Research Suggests Therapy
If the symptoms are significant enough to cause distress or loss of ability to work, live, or play, then it is time to seek treatment. These concerns are very treatable, with research suggesting psychotherapy as the first choice of treatment. The sooner a person seeks treatment, the better. as the patterns of thought and behavior become more entrenched with time, and require longer treatment.
Feel free to contact us any time, should you have questions about depression or if you would like to make a first appointment.
Please fill out the form below and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
We are a group of experienced psychologists and therapists providing one-on-one talk therapy and assessments in native-level English, Spanish and German. You can either pick a clinician from below, or let us help you find just the right psychologist for you.
OUR TREATMENT AREAS
We offer one-on-one therapy for adults and children, couples and families. You will be assigned to a therapist based on your wishes and needs. This way the therapist can best help you through your specific issues.